I’ve mentioned the fact that I’m working on a novel a couple of times in my posts. And because I’m having so much fun planning, I decided to note down my adventures.
I was on the bus one day, commuting from college to the place that I call home, when the plot for my book hit me right on my head. I looked all sides to see who had thrown it my way but everyone around me was quiet, albeit looking at me weirdly because I had literally jumped out of my seat when the idea attacked me.
It was that day and now. I’m stuck in a limbo, I have no idea what to do. All I can do is write, but I’m so lazy.
- I have a plot. Bare beginnings of it at least.
- I have a name for my novel. (“The Families”)
- I have some good characters and I have given hem full freedom to drag me wherever they want me to.
That’s all I have. Now for the questions.
- Do I use a single POV or multiple? Alternating between Hareem and Saad, and maybe an occasional chapter with the voices of other characters ala Jodi Picoult style.
- Should I start off with the problem or gradually build up to it?
- Poems or song titles/lyrics for chapter names?
- A prologue?
- An epilogue?
Hmm… And I’m really happy with the way my character board has turned out.
Help me out?